Design Lab - Bundaberg
Time & Location
About the Event
The series of Mind-Life Design Labs brings together diverse groups of passionate people interested to solve a ‘wicked’ problem that has seemed complex, intractable and insoluble. Creating responses so that people feel their mental illness experiences do not define or stigmatise them nor preclude them from engaging in a full life.
This is a problem worth solving.
“We have to think in new ways. We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them.” -Einstein 1955
Adopting a human centred design process , seeing the problem with fresh eyes from those who experience it, each design lab will ideate, prototype and test new ways so that people can feel welcome to fully engage in their social and community life, in spite experiencing the challenges that mental illness may bring.
In the Design Lab, we pose the following questions:
- How Might We (HMW) create resources so that 'Access All Areas' passes are available to everyone in our community?
- HMW create resources that help us to dance better together? (when we seek out or provide services)
- HMW create resources that prevent groundhog day experiences?
- HMW create resources that help us to be a cheerleader in each other's lives?
- HMW create resources that help you to not OTHER & OUT me? (even when your intentions are good)
Passionate people that can see the world in new ways are welcome: e.g. people who experience the problem; people that provide responses; community leaders; community members; creative thinkers; critical thinkers; and outside thinkers. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you at one of our Design Labs.
- Design Lab Participant$0$00$0